MORRIS COUNTY — The first phase of a 1.1 mile milling and paving project is expected to start next week on North Passaic Street in Florham Park and Chatham Borough, while milling and paving should start next week on Comly Road/Ryerson Road in Lincoln Park and Pequannock.
At the same time, extensive drainage, sidewalk and bridge approach work is continuing on two major roads in Wharton – East & West Dewey Avenue and North Main Street – with paving likely in early September.
Some other county road projects set for the near future are New Vernon Road in Long Hill and Dover-Rockaway Road in Rockaway Township, both part of the Board of Freeholders aggressive targeting of some 30 miles of county roads for upgrading this summer and fall.
The county roadwork is in addition to local and state road projects. Click here for a complete list.
On the bridge improvement front, work is continuing on the Black River Road bridge in Washington Township and on the Crane Road bridge in Mountain Lakes. Also, bids are being advertised for the Mill Road Bridge replacement project to be done later this year in Morris Township, and bids will be advertised in early September for the planned East Blackwell Street bridge project in Dover.
“Maintaining our road and bridge infrastructure is vital to our residents and businesses, and helps make Morris County one of the best places to live and work in New Jersey,’’ said Morris County Freeholder Stephen Shaw. “We will continue to work closely with our municipalities on these projects to minimize inconvenience to motorists.’’
- Lincoln Park-Pequannock, Comly Road/Ryerson Road:
Milling and Paving Could Start the week of Aug. 19
1.7-miles from Main Street in Lincoln Park to the Boulevard in Pequannock
Contractor: J.A. Alexander of Bloomfield
Bid Price: $744,901
- Wharton: West and East Dewey Avenue
Extensive Bridge Approach Repairs Ongoing
0.89 miles from W Central Avenue to Wharton Rail Trail
Contractor: Riverview Paving
Bid Price: $695,654
- Wharton: North Main Street
Curb and Sidewalk Improvements Ongoing
0.7 miles from Dewey Avenue to Route 15
Contractor: Riverview Paving
Bid Price: $407,290.81
- Washington Township, Black River Road Bridge
The bridge spans a tributary to the Black River
Detour: Black River Road to Old Turnpike Road to Fairmount Road
Contractor: Sparwick Contracting of Lafayette
Bid Price: $264,660.
- Mountain Lakes, Crane Road Bridge
The bridge spans a tributary of Troy Brook
Crane Road between Boulevard and Morris Avenue, near Cove Place
Contractor: Colonnelli Bros., Inc. of Hackensack
Bid Price: $268,290.
Florham Park-Chatham Borough: North Passaic Street
Anticipate August 19 Start Date for Preliminary Work
1.1 miles from Main Street in Chatham to the county line in Florham Park
Contractor: American Asphalt & Milling Services
Bid Price: $1,013.982
- Highview Avenue, Hanover Township:
Anticipate August Paving – Awaiting Completion of Gas Utility Project
0.2-miles to East Hanover Avenue.
Contractor: AJM Contractors of Clifton
Bid Price: $124,359
- Long Hill: New Vernon Road – Contract Awarded
- Rockaway Township: Dover-Rockaway Road – Contract Awarded
- Boonton Township: Powerville Road: 2-miles, Valley Rd. to Rockaway Valley Rd.
- Chester Township and Randolph: North Road and Dover-Chester Road, 4.4 miles.
- Dover, Randolph, Victory Gardens, South Salem Street: 1.1 miles, E. Blackwell to Rte. 10.
- Dover, South Morris Street: 0.9 miles from Route 46 to Millbrook Avenue.
- Harding-Morris Township, James Street: 0.6-miles, Harter Rd. to Southgate Pkwy.
- Lincoln Park, Boonton Turnpike: 2.1-miles, Main Street to the Wayne border
- Morris Township-Morristown: Madison Ave to Blackberry Lane, 1.2-miles.
- Parsippany: Littleton Road, 1.7-miles from Route 10 to Crestview Drive.
- Pequannock: Boulevard, 1.3 miles from Cooper Road to Route 23
- Roxbury, Mt. Arlington Blvd.: Half-mile, Landing Rd. to Laurie Rd.
- Parsippany, Intervale Road over Troy Brook
- Washington Township, Naughright Road over South Branch of the Raritan River