MOUNTAIN LAKES — The Mountain Lakes Board of Education is seeking applicants to fill an empty seat on the Board of Education. Interested citizens are required to submit a resume and/or letter of interest to Mr. Ron Smith, Interim Board Secretary/ Interim Business Administrator, 400 Boulevard, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046 or at email@example.com stating their desire to serve on the board and their ability to handle the position. Submissions must be received by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12, 2019.
Legal requirements for becoming a member of a local board of education are:
- a citizen of the United States of America
- at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
- able to read and write
- a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least one year preceding the date of the election
- not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
- not disqualified from membership for the conviction of crimes pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1**
- a registered voter in the district
The term of this appointment expires on December 31, 2019. For a candidate kit and a comprehensive overview, please visit www.njsba.org/candidacy.
For more information, please call the Board of Education Office at (973) 334-8280.