MORRIS COUNTY — Frank Cahill, President Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany, announced a new Kiwanis Club serving Boonton, Mountain Lakes, Boonton Township is forming under the sponsorship of Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany.
The new club will sponsor the Key Club at Mountain Lakes High School, and will begin organizing other Key Clubs, Builders Club and K-Kids throughout the local school district.
Recently Key Club members from Mountain Lakes High School worked along with Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany and conducted a food drive at ShopRite Parsippany, and collected over 2,200 pounds of food, valued at $3,600, and donated to local food banks.
The group will be holding a meeting on Wednesday, December 11 starting at 6:00 p.m. at IHOP, 304 Wootton Street, Boonton. If you are interested in learning more about the new club please feel free to visit us.
So far the following individuals have committed to join the new club:
1. Boonton Alderman Cy Wekilsky
2. Thomas Brackin
3. Boonton Alderman-Elect Joseph Bock
4. Lightbridge Academy Owner Laura Sakevich (Mountain Lakes)
5. Lance Incitti – Club Coach
6. Howard Gordon – Club Coach (Randolph Kiwanis)
7. Kiwanis Lt. Governor District 9 Carol Tiesi
8. Boonton Resident Ralph Weber
9. Frank Cahill (President, Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany)
10. Anthony Scandariato (Former K-Club member)
11. Nicolas Limanov (Member Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany)
12. Kristen Totaro – Parent of children at Mountain Lakes High School
13. Sheriff James Gannon – Boonton resident
14. Leo Nieves
15. William Zago
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanis clubs decide for themselves what projects to do in their community, based on their own community’s needs and their members’ interests. Service to children is a primary focus in Kiwanis. Clubs are encouraged to conduct a community survey each year to determine what unmet needs exist in their community.
For additional information contact Frank Cahill at (862) 213-2200.