HANOVER TOWNSHIP — Are you a trained dispatcher? Do you want to work for the Hanover Township Police Department?
Township of Hanover Police Department is currently seeking applicants for a full-time, civilian Police Dispatcher position to work in the Township of Hanover Communications Center on a schedule approved by the Support Services Division Commander and the Chief of Police.
The dispatcher’s overall responsibilities are to relay information from the public to the respective areas of the police department and coordinate all emergency response vehicles to a given scene. Basic Telecommunicator Certification, Emergency Medical Dispatch, and current CPR certification are required for this position. This position has a minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma or GED. An Associate’s Degree, or higher, is preferred but not required.
General Skills and Ability:
• Ability to type at a reasonable rate of speed.
• Ability to speak distinctly.
• Ability to deal with the public under stressful conditions and remain calm.
• Ability to operate standard office, data entry, and computer equipment.
• Ability to operate two-way radio communication systems.
• Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Township personnel, associates, and the general public.
Starting salary of $50,000.00/year plus fringe benefits.
Applicants must submit a resume and completed Hanover Township Police Department (HTPD) Employment Application. HTPD Employment Application and additional information can be located on the Police Department’s by clicking here.
Completed applications must be submitted by mail or in person to:
Township of Hanover Police Department
Attn: Captain David White
1000 Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981