BOONTON TOWNSHIP — The Boonton Township Police Department will be taking the following precautions due to current health concerns surrounding COVID-19:
– The Main lobby doors to the Police Department will remain open. But if the matter is non-emergent you should contact the Police Department by phone to make a report or provide the information in the lobby area (if practical).
– All non-emergency calls may be handled by phone without an officer’s response to the residence.
– All requests for records should be handled either by phone at: (973) 402-4024 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– All Police station tours, fingerprinting requests, have been suspended.
– If we do have to respond to your home, do not be offended if officers ask you to step outside and speak to him/her (if possible). We need to minimize our exposure so we can continue to provide the community with professional police services.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.