MORRIS PLAINS — Brush Pick Up in Morris Plains starts on Monday, March 29. In making Brush Pick-up more efficient by observing the following guidelines:
- NO BRANCHES OR LIMBS MORE THAN 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER WILL BE PICKED UP. Only branches, limbs, and logs that can be chipped will be collected.
- SMALL LIMBS AND TWIGS should be tied in 1-FOOT ROUND BUNDLES NO LONGER THAN 6 FEET.
- ALL BRANCHES, LIMBS, OR LOGS should be no longer than 6 feet, neatly stacked, all in one direction. No more than 3 inches in diameter are allowed.
- VINES AND PRICKER BUSHES must be tied in BUNDLES.
- STUMPS are to be free of DIRT AND DEBRIS.
- NO LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS are allowed with Brush Pick-Up.
- NO LUMBER, METAL, BUILDING MATERIAL OR FOREIGN DEBRIS are allowed.
REMINDER: If you use an OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR to cut down a tree, trim trees, bushes, and/or landscape, the CONTRACTOR IS RESPONSIBLE for hauling it away — not the Borough.
VIOLATIONS: If Brush Pick-Up procedures are not followed, the brush will not be picked up and a notice will be left describing the violation(s).
GRASS CLIPPINGS – The only material which should be put into the covered containers for these Wednesday pick-ups is grass. Please: NO TWIGS, BRANCHES, STONES OR OTHER MATERIALS.