MOUNTAIN LAKES — The Mountain Lakes Garden Club Plant Sale will sprout again — bigger and better than ever after a one-year hiatus due to COVID. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 8, the day before Mothers Day, for this veritable “toy store” for gardeners of all ages, featuring:
- Lush perennials that are glorious year after year
- Native plants that help sustain our environment
- Fresh flower bouquets for Mom, Grandma… and yourself, too. Arranged by Garden club members, these bouquets sell out every year so get yours early!
- Fairy garden created by the Junior Nature Club of Wildwood elementary students
- The Mountain Lakes Green Team environmental preservation educational displays and
- Nature-themed robotics projects from The Laker Makers Club, a youth group that focuses on STEM (science technology, engineering, and math) exploration
The Garden Club of Mountain Lakes’ Annual Plant Sale runs from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 8th on Island Beach at the intersection of Boulevard and Tower Hill Road, Mountain Lakes – rain or shine!
“The Garden Club of Mountain prides itself on providing multi-faceted inspiration to be creative and eco-friendly in caring for our home landscapes and the environment around us,” stated Janet Horst, Plant Sale Co-Chair. “Whether you have sun, shade, dry or wet conditions, the Plant Sale’s broad selection of hostas, ferns, peonies, daisies, ornamental grasses, and other perennials, natives, herbs, and shrubs are certain to flourish in Morris County gardens because they have been thriving in the gardens of Club members who are sharing their bounty.”
“If you’re looking for a focal point to add to an existing landscape or adding a new garden bed, the Plant Sale is the perfect place for plants, inspiration, and advice from veteran NJ gardeners,” stated Patty McElduff, Plant Sale Co-Chair. “Experienced gardeners are on hand to identify plants ideal for your situation, as well as share tips on plant combinations and care that will help you create your own stunning oasis. We’re thrilled to have three Mountain Lakes organizations spanning multiple age groups contributing their talents and knowledge as additional motivation for us to think beyond traditional concepts for enhancing our environment.”
Proceeds of the plant sale, the Garden Club’s largest fundraiser, and hundreds of volunteer hours are allocated to maintain Mountain Lakes’ parks and public areas, operate the Junior Nature Club after school at Wildwood Elementary, host educational presentations and flower shows, and decorate the NJ Governor’s Mansion for the holidays. For more information or membership click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com