MORRIS COUNTY — The U.S. Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) coordinates Operation Take Back semi-annually. During Take Back Days, law enforcement at the state, county, and local levels run prescription-drug dropoff locations throughout the nation.
Morris County locations include:
- Wegmans (34 Sylvan Way, Hanover)
- Morris Hills Shopping Center (3085 Route 46, Parsippany)
- ShopRite of Greater Morristown (178 East Hanover Avenue, Cedar Knolls)
- Stop & Shop (245 Littleton Road, Morris Plains)
- Ridgedale Middle School (71 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park)
- CVS (471 Main Street, Chatham)
- CVS (641 Shunpike Road, Chatham Township)
Morris County Prosecutor Robert J. Carroll and Sheriff James M. Gannon praised Operation Take Back.
“This operation has proven to be extraordinarily successful in helping to prevent the misuse of addictive pharmaceutical drugs,” they said in a joint statement. “The partnership of the prosecutor’s and sheriff’s Offices, in coordination with our municipal police departments and local governments, have proven to be an effective team to lead this most worthy effort.”