MORRIS COUNTY — Morris County Prosecutor Robert J. Carroll, Chief of Detectives Christoph Kimker, and Roxbury Police Chief Dean Adone announce the arrest of a resident from Landing.
On Wednesday, June 8, 2022, law enforcement received information that led to the investigation and arrest of Erik Vandevelde, 33, at his residence in Landing.
During a search of that location, officers recovered the following items:
(2) .45 caliber handguns
(4) Assault Firearms
(2) 12 Gauge Shotguns
(1) .357 Magnum Revolver
(1) 5.7x 28MM Pistol
(2) Air Rifles
Over 100,000 rounds of ammunition and 100 high-capacity magazines
Mr. Vandevelde was charged with the following crimes:
– 1 count of third-degree Receiving Stolen Property in violation of 2C:20-7
– 14 counts of second-degree Certain Persons Not to Have Weapons in violation of 2C:39-7(b)1
– 4 counts of second-degree Unlawful Possession of a Weapon (Assault Firearm) in violation of 2C:39-5(f)
– 1 count of fourth-degree Prohibited Devices (High-Capacity Magazines) in violation of 2C:39-3(j)
– 1 count of 4th degree Certain Person Not to Have Ammunition in violation of 2C:39-7(a)
– 1 count of second-degree Possession of Firearms While Committing Certain Drug Crimes in violation of 2C:39-4.1(a)
– 1 count first-degree Possession With Intent to Distribute LSD in violation of 2C:35-5(b)(8)
– 1 count of third-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (LSD) in violation of 2C:35-10a(1)
– 1 count of Disorderly Persons Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (Psilocybin Mushrooms) in violation of 2C:35-10a(5);
– 1 count of third-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (Ketamine), in violation of 2C:35-10a(1)
– 1 count of fourth-degree possession of over 6 ounces of Marijuana in violation of 2C:35-10(a)3(b)
Prosecutor Carroll, Chief Kimker, and Chief Adone commend all law enforcement personnel, including U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives members, who assisted and responded to the subject’s Roxbury residence and safely conduct a thorough and detailed investigation. Prosecutor Carroll specifically commended the involved agencies for their professionalism and tactical coordination that resulted in the seizure of these illegal and lethal firearms.
Editor’s Note: An arrest or the signing of a criminal complaint is merely an accusation. Despite this accusation, the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until he or she has been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.