MORRIS COUNTY – The I-287 southbound Exit 35 ramp to Route 124 is scheduled to close this weekend from 7:00 p.m. on Friday, July 14, until 5:00 a.m. Monday, July 17, in Morristown.
If construction is completed earlier than expected, the ramp will reopen sooner. The closure is necessary to repair a sinkhole on the ramp.
I-287 southbound Exit 35 to Route 124 detour:
• Motorists on I-287 southbound wishing to take the Exit 35 ramp to Route 124/Madison Avenue will be directed to take Exit 36 to CR 510/Morris Avenue, which is before Exit 35
• Stay left to continue on CR 510/Morris Avenue/Lafayette Avenue
• Continue on Lafayette Avenue
• Turn right onto Morris Street/CR 510
• At the fork in the road, keep left to continue on Morris Street/CR 510
• Turn right onto East Park Place
• Keep left to turn left onto North Park Place
• Keep left to turn left onto West Park Place, which becomes Route 124/South Street
The work is part of a $15.8 million state-funded maintenance project to repair stormwater facilities at various locations in eight counties throughout North Jersey.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website (http://www.511nj.org/) for real time travel information