MORRIS COUNTY — The I-80 westbound Exit 34B ramp to Route 15 northbound will be closed and detoured tonight for concrete deck repairs in Wharton, Morris County. In addition, the two right lanes will be closed on Route 15 northbound.
From 11:00 p.m. tonight, Friday, July 21, until 5:00 a.m., Saturday, July 22, the I-80 westbound Exit 34B ramp to Route 15 northbound is scheduled to be closed to make concrete deck repairs on the Route 15 Bridge over Green Pond Brook. In addition, the Route 15 northbound right and center lanes will be closed on the bridge at Milepost 2.3. The I-80 westbound Exit 34A ramp to Route 15 southbound will remain open during construction. The following detour will be in place:
I-80 westbound Exit 34B ramp to Route 15 northbound detour:
- Motorists on I-80 westbound wishing to take the Exit 34B ramp to Route 15 northbound will be directed to continue on I-80 westbound
- Take Exit 34A to Route 15 southbound/Wharton
- Turn right onto CR 642/East Dewey Avenue
- Turn right onto CR 634/North Main Street
- Stay right to take the ramp to Route 15 northbound/Picatinny Arsenal/Jefferson/Sparta
The work is part of a $22.6 million state-funded maintenance project to repair concrete structures at various locations in eight counties throughout North Jersey.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website by clicking here for construction updates and real-time travel information.