MORRIS COUNTY — During a special election to elect a successor to the Assembly seat vacated by Anthony M. Bucco in Legislative District 25, Aura Dunn was chosen by the committee.
Having won the special election for the seat, Dunn will run next November to complete the unexpired balance of the term. If she wins next year, she will run for reelection to a full, two-year term in 2021.
Dunn joins the Legislative District 25 team of Assemblyman-elect Brian Bergen and Senator Anthony M. Bucco (R-25).
Dunn was endorsed by Congressman Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, Assemblywoman BettyLou DeCroce, LD 26, Mayor Mary Jane Canose, Bernardsville, Mayor Janet Hoven, Chester Borough, Mayor Marcia Asdal, Chester Township, Mayor Chris Glassner, Mendham Borough, Mayor Matt Murello, Washington Township and Mayor Sam Morris, Mine Hill.
Statement from Aura Dunn, Mendham Borough
A Republican Willing to Fight for you in Trenton! Control Taxes & Spending; Safer Schools; Fairness in School Funding Formula; Fight the Opioid Epidemic
• U.S. House of Representatives — District Director and Domestic Policy Advisor, Veterans’ Affairs Committee
• U.S. Senate — Appropriations Committee Budget Analyst on Education Policy
• Vice President, Sesame Workshop, MISTER ROGERS’ NEIGHBORHOOD, and Jumpstart for Young Children
• Community Liaison and Compliance Officer for Au Pair in America
• President, AKD Government Relations
• Master of Public Administration (MPA), the George Washington University
• Mediation Certificate, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
• Morris County Habitat for Humanity Board Member
• Morris County Mental Health Addictions Services Advisory Board
• Planning Board, Borough of Mendham
• Fresh Air Fund, Host Family (10 years)
• Jersey Battered Women’s Service Crisis Response Team (Mendham Police Department)
• Religious Education Teacher (9 years)
• Founder of “Boogey for Books” Library Fundraiser
• Mendham Public Community Access Television Board
• Former Delegate, County Council of Parent Teacher Associations
• Board Member, Alternative House for Abused and Homeless Children’s Refuge