HANOVER TOWNSHIP — Chief Mark D. Roddy, Township of Hanover Police Department has issued the following notice:
Please be advised that in order to minimize the potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus the police department has implemented the following:
- Please do not come to our Police Headquarters in person unless requested by an officer to do so. We have temporarily restricted public and non-police personnel access to all areas of our Police Headquarters.
- If you are seeking police assistance, call (973) 428-2511 for non-emergencies. If you have an actual emergency, immediately call 9-1-1.
- Many of our informational types of calls for service will be handled via telephone rather than the normal face-to-face contact with an officer. If you are reporting an issue, you will be instructed on how the matter will be handled.
- A police officer(s) will still respond to medical aid calls for service. Depending on the nature of the call, the officer(s) may stand-by outside of the immediate vicinity of the patient. Please be assured that we will still be rendering immediate critical care for incidents such as cardiac events, respiratory distress, etc. We ask that if seeking medical aid, you provide the call taker with as much information as possible in describing the medical issue, including symptoms.
- If you wish to obtain a police report, please call our Records Department at (973) 428-2517 for MV Crash Reports or (973) 428-2493 for all other police reports.
- Continue to monitor the Township’s Health Department updates and follow the recommended processes.