HANOVER — Hanover Township Police Chief Roddy announced that they will begin accepting applications for the position of Probationary Police Officer beginning Monday, November 2, 2020.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY and be sure you meet ALL of the minimum requirements.
The Township of Hanover Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Probationary Police Officer.
Applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
• Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in any field of study OR an Associates Degree in Police Science, Criminal Justice, or Forensic Science AND
• Be currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Police Academy Alternate Route Program OR possess two or more years’ experience as a full-time police officer in New Jersey ONLY.
Degrees must be from an accredited college or university and be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post-Secondary Education.
Applicants must also meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
• Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
• Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License at the time of appointment.
• Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 35 years of age, at the time of appointment. In accordance with NJ statutes, age exemptions for military service and prior law enforcement service may be granted to meet the maximum age standards.
• Must pass a comprehensive background investigation
• Must demonstrate proficiency in writing and basic computer skills.
• Must be physically capable of meeting the required firearms qualifications mandated by the Attorney General Guidelines.
• Must be psychologically fit to perform all duties of a police officer.
• Must meet the requirements set forth in the job description for a police officer.
• No obligation under NJSA 40A:14-178
• Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well.
• Be of good moral character.
• Candidates must be available to work any schedule, shift, or assignment as ordered by the Chief of Police or his designee.
Successful candidates will be given conditional offers of employment and then must pass a urinalysis as well as a comprehensive medical and psychological examination.
Applications can be picked up at the Township of Hanover Police Department, located at 1000 Route 10, Whippany, NJ, 07981 or by clicking here.
A complete list of qualifications is attached to the application packet. The application MUST include a copy of your PTC Certificate, resume, and driver’s license. Applications MUST be delivered in person or by mail to:
Township of Hanover Police Department
1000 Route 10, Whippany, NJ 07981
Attn: Captain Dave White.
Applications will start being accepted on November 2, 2020, and conclude on December 2, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.