HANOVER TOWNSHIP — The Township of Hanover Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Probationary Police Officer. Please read the below information carefully.
Applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in any field of study or an Associates Degree in Police Science, Criminal Justice, or Forensic Science and be currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Police Academy Alternate Route Program OR possess two or more years’ experience as a full time police officer in New Jersey ONLY.
Degrees must be from an accredited college or university and be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post-Secondary Education.
Applicants must also meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License at the time of appointment.
- Must not be less than 18 year of age or more than 35 years of age, at the time of appointment. In accordance with NJ statutes, age exemptions for military service and prior law enforcement service may be granted to meet the maximum age standards.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in writing and basic computer skills.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the required firearms qualifications mandated by the Attorney General Guidelines.
- Must be psychologically fit to perform all duties of a police officer.
- Must meet the requirements set forth in the job description for police officer.
- No obligation under NJSA 40A:14-178
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well.
- Be of good moral character.
Candidates must be available to work any schedule, shift, or assignment as ordered by the Chief of Police or his designee.
Successful candidates will be given conditional offers of employment and then must pass a urinalysis as well as a comprehensive medical and psychological examination.
Application MUST include a copy of your PTC Certificate, resume and driver’s license. Applications can be delivered in person, uploaded to policeapp.com or mailed to:
Township of Hanover Police Department, 1000 Route 10, Whippany, NJ 07981; Attn: Captain David White by 3:00 p.m. on November 26, 2019.