MORRIS COUNTY — A new Boonton, Mountain Lakes, Boonton Township chapter of the Kiwanis Club is forming under the sponsorship of Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany.
The group will be holding its second meeting on Tuesday, October 8 starting at 6:30 p.m. at IHOP, 304 Wootton Street, Boonton. If you are interested in learning more about the new club please feel free to visit us.
So far the following individuals have committed to join the new club
1. Boonton Alderman Cy Wekilsky
2. Thomas Brackin
3. Boonton Resident Joseph Bock
4. Lightbridge Academy Owner Laura Sakevich (Mountain Lakes)
5. Lance Incitti – Club Coach
6. Howard Gordon – Club Coach (Randolph Kiwanis)
7. Kiwanis Lt. Governor District 9 Carol Tiesi
8. Boonton Resident Ralph Weber
9. Frank Cahill (President, Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany)
10. Anthony Scandariato (Former K-Club member)
11. Nicolas Limanov (Member Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany)
Kiwanis members dedicate more than 6 million volunteer hours and invest more than $100 million in service projects that strengthen communities and serve children every year.
Kiwanis International was founded in 1915. Originally a business networking group, Kiwanis changed its focus to service in 1919. Today, members of the organization focus primarily on serving the community through its young people, creating citizens with a deeper awareness of civic responsibility. Kiwanis International sponsors clubs for all ages, including K-Kids for elementary school children, the Builders Club for preteens and early teens, the Key Club for teens at the high school level, and Circle K International, which operates through students at colleges and universities. Kiwanis also operates Aktion Clubs, helping adults with disabilities to participate in community service as well.
Kiwanis is open to all community members 18 years and older, and the current fee for charter members is $100.00, or former Key Club members $20.00. For more information on how to join the new Kiwanis Club, contact Frank Cahill at (862) 213-2200 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Kiwanis International and its mission, visit www.kiwanis.org.