MORRIS COUNTY — Thomas “Ace” Gallagher, a prominent Hanover Township Committeeman has joined the MCRC Executive Team as Chair of the Morris County Teenage Republicans.
This is the perfect role for Ace as he is a strong voice advocating effective change that can bring positive solutions to issues concerning local communities on the county, state, and national levels.
The son of Terry & Michael Gallagher, “Ace” was born in Bayonne. His family moved to East Hanover Township where his mother taught music in the Hanover Township school district. Coming from a musical family, he inherited a rare talent. Ace was playing the drums at four and appearing on stage by the age of six. His passion follows him to this day – spanning a musical career of forty years on stage where he has played at some of the best venues and with some of the most impressive people. It was important for Ace to share his love and talent for the drums by teaching more than 18 years, two of which were spent teaching in Hanover Township schools.
Throughout Ace’s career in public and community service, he has accumulated numerous accomplishments, awards, and recognitions:
- National recognition and award for One Day One School Beautification & Safety Initiative
- Worked with the state of Massachusetts to create a One Day One School program for them
- Created and coordinated the Hanover Township School & Park Traffic Safety Advisory Committee for which he received two recognitions from the County of Morris
- 2011 elected to the Board of Education
- 2012 Received black belt in Isshinryu Karate
- 2013 re-elected to Board of Education
- 2014 Sworn in as a member of Hanover Township Committee. Currently finishing the second term. Running uncontested for the third term.
- NJ Green Achievement Award for Excellence in Forestry – Individual and group categories
- NJ Forestry Association
- NJ Urban Forestry Association
- NJ DEP
- NJ Shade Tree Federation
- The SAGE Award from Livingston Township Committee
- Set A Good Example Award- for his participation as a board member of Little League
- Admired for his work with Bandit Industries, the second-largest manufacturer in forestry equipment. His recommendations have been incorporated into the equipment being used today.
- Created the NJ Coalition 4 Education & Positive Choices and earned the NJ Governor’s Jefferson Award
One of Ace’s most notable achievements has been his creation of the NJ Coalition 4 Education & Positive Choices in which he has united educational leaders, law enforcement, and municipal leaders with residents of the community to increase awareness of the drug epidemic and foster a positive lifestyle for our youth.
Thomas “Ace” Gallagher resides in Whippany with his wife Sheila and two children where he continues to be a well-respected community leader.